- 181750 - Executive Assistant
- CA-Bay Area
- South San Francisco
- Up to $32.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Executive Assistant for an opening in South San Francisco, CA.
• Maintain Outlook calendar and recurring meetings for two vice presidents; prioritizing appropriately and using good judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting planning as needed.
• Serves as a collaborative and thought partner to the vice presidents
• Functions as the primary interface for the two individuals and has frequent contact with other senior leaders within the organization. Interacts with contractors, consultants and vendors.
• Proactively manages communication (emails, phone calls); screening telephone inquiries, communicating messages, redirecting calls, and appropriately responding to urgent inquiries from the corporate office, world-wide sites, executive stakeholders and other constituencies over multiple time zones.
• Support and execution of complex travel activities: prepare and coordinate travel, including accommodations, and compile, submit, and track expenses.
• Handles highly confidential information and documentation appropriately and effectively.
• Establishes, updates and maintains files, inventories, and records (paper, electronic, and other platforms as needed).
• Takes initiative to plan for upcoming needs of the two vice presidents and their leadership team members. This includes the ability to coordinate & execute on departmental operating mechanisms, including structuring and collating timely input of content and format for business reviews with the wider global teams.
• Provides meeting and event coordination, on and offsite, including reservations and attendee communication, setting up audio and video conferencing, as well as catering and preparation of meeting and program materials. Will be expected to travel /attend meetings in a coordinator role (15%-20% of time)
• Assists with the compilation of data from various sources, organize the data in formats to facilitate analysis and presentation.
• Tracks and helps drive completion of key deliverables, following up on outstanding items.
• Assists with document design, writing, editing and formatting as needed.
• Generates and composes confidential, routine and non-routine documents. Proof read documents and materials and correct as necessary and/or composes routine correspondence using predetermined formats.
• Acts as information source on departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
• Determines innovative, creative and time-tested methods and procedures for duties and assignments and serves as an active member of the administrative organization in South San Francisco.
• Identifies administrative processes requiring improvement and engages process users in improvement efforts.
• Interfaces effectively and respectfully with employees and internal and external contacts.
• Be a team player and support colleagues as needed; alignment and coordination with colleagues is essential.
• Tracks and facilitates contract renewals of executive memberships; external commitments.
• Processes necessary invoices and manage multiple system requests (expenses, purchase orders, CDAs, open requisitions).
• Create binders, folders and labels to proactively organize, retain records.
• Provides general clerical support as necessary.
• Other special tasks and duties as assigned or requested.
• A minimum of 10 years of administration experience, preferably in a life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, health care, high tech or other service sector company environment.
• Senior executive administration experience.
• Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work overtime hours as deadlines and priorities arise.
• High school diploma, GED, secretarial/business school certificate.
• College degree, or equivalent experience, desired
• Consistently demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service-oriented attitude.
• Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
• Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
• Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
• Ability to multi task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight/changing/challenging deadlines.
• Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and ability to work with limited direction; strong team player.
• Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
• Demonstrate proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Visio, Concur, Workday.
• Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product.
• Extremely poised individual that can comfortably interact with C-level leaders.
• Ability to present him/herself in appearance and conversationally in a professional manner at the executive level.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.