- 181791 - Inventory Control Specialist
- $19 to $21.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Inventory Control Specialist for an opening in Ashburn, VA.
• Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming items and verifies quantities against purchase orders; processes receipts into computer-based company system of record
• Packages, labels and stocks material in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number
• Builds and issues kits, or individual parts in support of program and manufacturing material requirements
• Moves or transports material from stockroom to production areas
• Conducts periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock and company assets as required; adjusts inventory counts in property records as needed to maintain 100% accountability and accuracy
• Maintains 5S standards within stockroom and storage areas
• Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholding Client and OSHA safety standards
• May be trained for cross-utilization in additional processes within Material Section as needed to support operations, i.e.; HAZMAT Certification; processing shipments in support of operations and testing events; conduct government-owned and company property accountability inspections, and other related functions as determined by supervisor
• Ability to read, write and understand policies and procedures and computer generated reports
• Ability to complete applicable paperwork and computer data entries accurately
• Adherence to all health and safety standards set by Client and regulatory agencies
• Ability to safely complete all physical activities required in a stockroom environment including, but not limited to:
lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying 25-50 pounds on a regular basis
walking, bending, kneeling, sitting, standing, climbing, and reaching for prolonged periods of time on a regular basis
ability to reach, use hands to finger, handle, feel, seize, grasp, turn, hold, and operate material handling tools and equipment
willingness and ability to work in a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises; reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis
• High school diploma
• 2+ years experience in inventory control/stockroom (receiving, storing and arranging, issuing and kitting of material) function related to the movement of inventory
• Experience with Costpoint and Ariba data systems
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.