- 181795 - Sr Software Engineer
- Up to $50.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for an opening in Muskegon, MI.
• Generate / manage electronic control module software requirements.
• Generate control algorithms for powertrain controls and diagnostics.
• Interface with & manage software development vendor(s).
• Perform software validation and de-bugging activities (S/W in the loop, H/W in the loop).
• Apply knowledge and experience to powertrain design projects.
• Conduct failure analyses to identify root cause and corrective actions.
• Conduct tests, document test requirements and write test plans based on test objectives.
• Perform control system verification in laboratory and vehicle environments.
• Initiate and coordinate activities in support of projects with other departments within Engineering and with other functions (Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality, Program Management, etc.).
• Resolve technical issues with suppliers.
• Support production, assembly and test.
• Recommend, plan and implement component, subsystem and system improvements.
• Write Engineering Change Requests (ECR's).
• Support proposal activities.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in embedded software controls design and development.
• A minimum of 5 years experience using C or object oriented programming language.
• Strong written and oral communication skills for assisting in the development of specifications, design documentation, and requests for proposal.
• Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
• The position may require some domestic and international travel. (<10%).
• Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
• Knowledge of standard S/W documentation (SRS, SDD, VDD, etc.)
• Experience in embedded software and controls development of powertrain systems.
• Experience in autonomous controls (drive by wire / fly by wire)
• Experience using Vector CANape/CANalyzer.
• Experience using Matlab/Simulink.
• Experience using National Instruments LabView.
Accredited Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree from an accredited university.
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.