- 181951 - Electronics Assembler
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electronics Assembler for an opening in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will primarily be responsible for the final assembly of traveling wave tube amplifier (TWTA) units which includes fold-up, cover installation, clean-up, and visual final review of units prior to delivery. This involves mechanical assembly, torquing hardware up to 25 in/lbs., measuring and weighing units, and lifting units on plates weighing up to 40 pounds. You will also build high-voltage modules and power supplies utilized in spacecraft and other applications. You'll perform unit assembly and integrate these electronic power conditioners with our TWTA products.
You may also be assigned to assemble electronic components used in Microwave Power Modules and other non-space or military RF amplification products.
You will need at least three years of electronic component assembly experience that includes soldering to printed wiring boards, point-to-point inter-lead connections, and harness inter-connections between subassemblies utilizing high-voltage solder techniques including solder balls.
• Good mechanical skills, including the ability to attach electronic parts using fastening hardware and torque tools, install covers on power supplies, and attach electronic hardware to fixtures.
• Requires the ability to perform torquing, staking, and bonding processes and accurately use calipers, measuring tapes, and weight scales.
• You must be familiar with proper ESD procedures for handling products, and be able to install and remove various electrical connectors and other components.
• The ability to read and understand engineering drawings and detailed assembly aid instructions is necessary.
• Must be able to lift items weighing up to 40 pounds from a cart to a table top, and then lift and move items on table top as required.
• You must be able to meet EDD's solder certification requirements; a current J-STD-001 certificate is required.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 2nd (3:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.