- 181979 - Structural Analysis Engineer
- Up to $75.00 DOE
- 6+ Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Structural Analysis Engineer for an opening in Arlington, TX.
Structural analysis tasks in support of Airframe Structural Test and Certification. Tasks can include:
• Perform stress analysis tasks related to trade studies to determine best design approach to meet airframe design requirements.
• Provide stress analysis support for design layouts, including determination of optimum loads paths, material and hardware selections and least weight / low cost designs.
• Provide stress sizing and analysis for airframe preliminary design.
• Provide sizing updates and final analysis for detail design releases.
• Develop internal loads and loads updates for the above tasks.
• Preparation of test requirements, test plans, test reports, internal loads correlation and other analysis and documentation related to structural testing.
• Communicate with team members effectively.
Structural analysis engineer experienced with metallic and composite airframe, or related structures. Provides stress analysis support for new product development from conceptual through detail design. Some knowledge and experience is required in the following areas, with substantial experience and expertise in many of these areas:
• Airframe structural criteria / requirements
• Trade studies
• Design layout development to define structural load paths
• Internal loads development using various approaches including finite element modeling and analysis
• Preliminary and final sizing analysis
• Stress analysis sizing using hand analysis calculation methods
• Concept development for least weight designs
• Stress report preparation
• Stress support for manufacturing and change board
• Stress support for structural test including coupon, design development, component and full-scale static and fatigue, and flight test
• Stress support for damage limits, structural repairs and mods to support repair limits and structural repair manual preparation.
Candidate must have proficiency in extracting internal loads from finite element coarse grid models and applying those loads for use in static strength analysis. Tools utilized may include CATIA, MSC PATRAN / NASTRAN, Hypermesh, Optistruct, TMP SLIM and Vision, and a variety of other software applications related to airframe structural analysis and design. Excel VBA coding experience is desired.
Accredited Bachelor's degree Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university and a minimum of ten years of related experience. A Master's degree is preferred.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.