- 182005 - Mechanical Designer
- $19.63 to $38.46 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Designer for an opening in Ayer, MA.
In this dynamic role you'll use 3-Dimensional (3D) CAD software to design electro-mechanical components and create detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & diagrams. You must be familiar with ASME drafting and drawing practices, and good with maintaining documents and files using PLM software.
• Use computer assisted design/drafting (CAD) equipment and software (Autodesk Inventor) to develop mechanical and electro-mechanical solutions using standard industry principles for product design.
• Design mechanical and electromechanical assemblies using design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA) principles.
• Create and revises production electro-mechanical drawings (assembly drawings with details).
• Generate mechanical drawings for use in sheet metal, machining and weld operations.
• Make finished drawings, checks dimensions of parts, materials to be used, and component relationships. Sketches rough layout of design concept and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes. Draft detailed multiview drawings of assemblies and products. Draws finished designs from sketches utilizing solid models and layouts.
• Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, raw materials, processes and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
• Update Drafting / Engineering Standards, make source control drawings.
• Create and process engineering change notices.
• Troubleshoot and evaluate mechanical and electromechanical product manufacturing issues. Revise documentation as needed.
• Communicate with QA, Engineering, Vendors, Buyers and Manufacturing departments regarding new and revised drawings.
• Build BOMs (Bill of Materials), resolve manufacturing issues, and implements ECRs and ECOs (Engineering Change Requests, Engineering Change Orders).
• Travel and working off-site at another location may be required.
• 5-10+ years of experience working with the design and manufacture of electro-mechanical products using 3D CAD software (Inventor).
• Knowledge of military standards and specifications is a plus.
• Associates Degree or College Degree preferred.
• Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete mathematical calculations - plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and measurements.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, Associates Degree or College Degree preferred.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.