- 182070 - Publication Writer
- Sterling Heights
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Publication Writer for an opportunity in Sterling Heights, MI
Prospective candidate will be able to research, develop, and/or update content for printed manuals, Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), I-types, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) documents, illustrations, and parts breakdown manuals using software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat.
Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
• Prepare technical documentation written to Military Specification such as MIL-STD-40051 and MIL-STD-38784; coordinate layout and organization of documentation.
• Ability to read engineering drawings, blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics
• Experience coordinating graphics development to prepare technical publication graphics and illustrated parts breakdown/exploded view diagrams for uploading into the NPA graphics storage area.
• Gather and research technical information, including engineering and development information, for use in documentation activities.
• Interacts with Subject Matter Experts, Instructional Designers, and Programmers as part of a courseware production team.
• Review, edit, and proofread materials written by others, provides suggested revision.
• Exercises safe, mature, discretionary handling of GFE materials, sensitive materials (documents and equipment), and any GFI for training.
• Preparation of varied types of technical documentation for ground combat and watercraft systems which provide technical guidance for the operation, evaluation, maintenance, and repair parts support.
Written Communication - The selected applicant should write clearly and informatively. The selected applicant may edit work for spelling and grammar and use varies writing style to meet needs. The selected applicant may present numerical data effectively and should be able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - The selected applicant should be able to balance teams and individual responsibilities and exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views. The selected applicant should be able to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit. The selected applicant should put the success of team above own interests and focus on the teams commitments to goals and objectives. The selected applicant should support everyone's efforts to succeed and be familiar with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Suite software, and XML development authoring applications.
Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism or related field with at least 6 years of related experience. In lieu of formal education, 6 years of experience using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Arbortext, and/or Oxygen to create documents for XML authoring, development, and collaboration for technical manual development.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.