- 182103 - Customer Support Administrator
- Grand Rapids
- Up to $21.00 DOE
- 2 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Customer Support Administrator for an opening in Grand Rapids, MI.
Performs the duties of a Customer Support Administrator as required by business needs in compliance with applicable FAA regulations, ISO standard operating procedures, work instructions and customer purchase order requirements.). The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks and lead improvement projects related to customer satisfaction.
• Ability to deal with High Profile Customer in a timely and professional manner with by email or phone.
• Will be responsible for timely execution of all contractual/purchase order requirements is the primary responsibility (both Commercial and Military).
• Will have responsibility to carry out assigned tasks and lead improvement projects related to customer satisfaction.
• Acts as primary Customer point of contact for product repair and other aftermarket services. Handles inquiries, proposals, customer negotiation, problem resolution, order entry, quoting, schedule changes, credit issues and Aircraft On Ground (AOG) support.
• Quotes price and availability of various aftermarket services.
• Guides GL Technician and Product Support Engineers to ensure workflow of aftermarket services properly scheduled.
• Reviews all customer purchase orders for specific conditions, enter orders, acknowledges purchase orders with negotiated terms and conditions, and advise status of open orders to the customer. Responsible for ensuring that all mutually agreed purchase order requirements, including delivery schedules, are accomplished.
• Ensures export control requirements are being met as they relate to the position.
• Identifies, recommends, and implements innovative process improvements. Ensures KPIs are updated upon completion of process improvement projects. Participates in business to business capabilities through Web-site enhancements, E-commerce, and MRP upgrade.
• Manages customer relationships beyond current business activities by developing partnerships with Customers. Responsible for all interfaces between Client and the Customer regarding aftermarket services. Represents the Customer when dealing with internal functions.
• Demonstrates empowerment, ownership, and accountability throughout all aspects of the Data Services.
• Maintains current customer files and archive files and correspondence greater than one year old. Maintains 5-S work area.
• Work with or coordinate cross-functional teams in customer issue resolution.
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established Client Ethics Standards.
• Responsible for working a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment; including, but not limited to safety glasses, etc.
• Two (2) years of related experience, such as contracts, product service, or sales;
• Experience working in a manufacturing operation in a Sales support or customer support role.’
• Knowledge of the aviation industry is a plus, preferably a basic understanding of avionics products and pricing for commercial and military aviation markets.
• Strong PC skills including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel and MRP.
• Strong ability to handle multiple priorities including managing face to face communications while also using phone, fax and email communication.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills using appropriate judgment.
• Knowledge of and desire to learn and implement process improvement initiatives.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Must accept ownership and accountability for team efforts.
The position uses independent judgment, applies strong and positive interpersonal skills.
Accredited Associate’s degree in business, aviation, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
9/80, Day Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.