- 182177 - Assembler
- NC-North Carolina
- 10 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Asheville, NC.
• Follows all safety procedures and performs all duties using required safety equipment according to company policies and practices.
• Reviews work order for product specifications and requirements.
• Visually inspects components and completed units during assembly for quality and accuracy.
• Selects & assembles parts and assemblies together in proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, braces, tape, etc. to meet specifications.
• Selects appropriate sub-assemblies or component parts and installs in the unit according to design specifications.
• Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical components in cabinet as per specifications.
• Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot tester, hacksaw, and drill press.
• Completes assembly processes to finish the unit in specified sequence.
• Ensures that completed unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to the next workstation.
• Operator must be able to foam completed cabinets according to engineering specifications.
• Cleans immediate work area on a daily schedule.
• Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
• Beginner Computer skills or wiliness to learn.
• 1-2 year manufacturing experience with demonstrated product assembly.
• Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
• Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job.
• Preferred manufacturing experience
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.