- 182200 - Contractor Program Security Officers (CPSO) / Facility Security Officer (FSO)
- CA-Bay Area
- San Leandro
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Contractor Program Security Officers (CPSO) / Facility Security Officer (FSO) for an opening in San Leandro, CA.
The Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) / Facility Security Officer (FSO) is responsible for the leadership, management, administration and strategic business contributor for security programs of national importance. This position will act as the primary interface with US Government agencies and Customers, with regards to program security and contractual security requirements.
The CPSO/FSO is responsible for the businesses convergent security program, compliance audits, and information system protection. Prepares reports, updates management on program status and continually evaluates and make necessary adjustments for a highly effective security program as a business discriminator. The CPSO/FSO will have an overall individual responsibility for protecting classified information, a contractual obligation, to ensure the effective implementation of security requirements and procedures within the facility involved in classified projects. His/her actions are vital to provide the overall efficiency of the security program on behalf of company management and indirectly of the government.
• Responsible for the planning and development of security activities to ensure that company security policies and procedures comply with government standards.
• Monitors company security policies and procedures.
• May investigate violations of security and recommend corrective¬ action.
• Plans and instructs in-house security education programs. Ensures that all appropriate personnel have attended security education programs and that documentation to that effect is maintained, as appropriate.
• Acts as primary liaison with outside agencies. Interfaces with government inspectors on a regular basis. Responds quickly and effectively implementing corrective action, as required.
• Responsible to keep company leadership informed at all times of any suspected compromise to security systems.
• Contributes to the preparation of presentations, proposals and quotes as needed for security related matters.
• Demonstrating familiarity with the DOD Manuals 5205.07 and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
• Interpreting and implementing Security Classification Guidance
• Under minimal supervision, administration of routine aspects of the DoD Manuals
• Assisting in the development of Program Protection Plans (PPPs).
• Supporting other security disciplines within the SAP/SCI program to include: Personnel Security, DD254s, Physical Security, Cybersecurity, Communications Security (COMSEC), Document Control and Visitor Control
• 5-10 years industry experience successfully developing, implementing, managing security requirements in support of the NISP and compartmented.
• Mastery of NISPOM, ICDs, DoD Manuals and other Government directives/policies with proven, sustain history of an effective security program
• Experience with US Government system of record (e.g. JPAS) and contractor information management systems
• Previous experience supervising/overseeing Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and classified systems under the control of the ISSM.
• Professional certifications (e.g. ISP, Security+, etc.) preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent
• Managerial experience supervising staff and sub-contractors over geographic region
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.