- 182264 - Material Handler
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Handler for an opening in Huntsville, AL.
Perform Manual and clerical work to receive, store, record, distribute, issue, inventory, identify, sort, count, kit assemble, package, ship, order and requisition material, supplies, parts assemblies, equipment and tools. Maintain adequate stock on hand as needs and requirements determine. Use and operate records systems and equipment. Order tools, parts, prints, specifications and material to support shop operations. Expedite the supply of needed items by liason, coordination and follow up with others. Prepare and maintain regular and requested reports, charts, graphs and status of work operations information. Recognize, identify and report critical supply problems and take or recommend corrective action. Prepare forms, records and reports advising supervision of parts, material and tool shortages. Also advise supervision of problems and general overall status of material and parts moving through the shop from receiving to shipping. Minimize production delays and problems by assuring that parts, materials, tools and other equipment are available when required. Perform the necessary coordination to assure that jobs are completed on time. Receive, store, order and issue stores items and materials. Identify parts, tools and other materials stored in assigned area through use of standards, color codes or other reference material. Compare quantities and identification of parts received with applicable paperwork and adjust discrepancies according to established procedures. Mark Cartons, racks and bins with proper identification such as part number, quantity, number of containers, data received location and vendor name. Determine quantities by count, weight and measurements. Work with blue prints and specifications as required to complete work assignments. Obtain prints, parts, materials, tools and paperwork required to accompany work orders and maintain minimum stock quantities. Prepare parts, tools, and materials for transportation and routing. Inventory work orders, parts, tools and material and make investigation to determine location. Be proficient with format input/output requirements and operation of automated production system terminals and printers located in assigned work areas. Maintain licenses, permits and certifications required to perform assigned work. Perform other duties as assigned within general job classification.
Computer Operations - Intermediate Level
Manufacturing - Intermediate Level
Customer Service - Intermediate Level
Inventory management - Intermediate Level
- Blueprint reading preferred (part identification)
- Must be able to operate a computer
- Preferred 3 years of manufacturing/aerospace/warehousing experience
- Must be able to pass forklift training
• Lift up to 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
• Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material on occasion
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
• Occasional contact with metals
• Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
• Frequent exposure to noise
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Candidates must be able to support/work any and all shifts for business needs
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.