- 182308 - Quality Inspector
- Up to $22.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Inspector for an opening in Millersville, MD.
Under the direction and guidance of the Manager of Quality Assurance, the Quality Inspector’s primary role will be to inspect incoming and in-process electronic assemblies and mechanical hardware. Primary duties will include assisting in the daily departmental functions of inspection and development of procedures, assisting in the implementation of ISO 9000, and assisting in defect reporting and trend evaluations.
1. Perform inspections on incoming and in-process electronic assemblies and mechanical hardware.
2. Conducting of source inspections at vendor facilities.
3. Insure that product is manufactured to the latest applicable configuration documentation.
4. Prepare & review data submittal packages for end item deliverables (composed of test data, inspection results, C-of-C’s, etc.
5. Prepare Deficiency Reports (DRs) for hardware, software, and documentation issues.
6. Maintain, control and process non-conforming material.
7. Certify and assists in maintaining ESD stations and monitor employee ESD compliance.
8. Participate as a member within Change Control Board (CCB) & Material Review Board (MRB); role is interchangeable with QAE when required.
9. Assist in defect tracking & evaluation process, including trend evaluation to reduce recurrences. (As directed by QA Manager)
10. Generate Corrective Action Requests (CARs ) for vendor quality rejections.
11. Assist in the implementation of ISO 9000, and Procedure Development.
12. Assist in coordination of failure analysis efforts.
13. Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
14. May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
1. Ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
2. Ability to read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and inspection methods for electrical and mechanical components.
3. Ability to record accurate Inspection data and write a concise report of findings.
4. Good interpersonal skills; pays attention to detail; and ability to meet deadlines.
5. Ability to use mechanical and electrical measuring instruments (dial calipers, micrometers, multimeters, etc.)
6. Ability to conduct solder inspection utilizing microscope magnification.
7. Basic understanding of mechanical machining, fabricating, plating and assembly processes.
8. Basic understanding of electro-mechanical assemblies.
9. Comprehensive understanding of SMT PWA technology.
10. Ability to adapt to various job assignments with minimal direction/supervision.
11. Familiar with IPC, ASTM, and Military Standards. 12. ISO 9000 implementation experience a plus.
1. Basic math and science skills, high school diploma or GED education background.
2. Five (5) years plus of related technical experience is preferred.
3. J-STD-001 or IPC-610-A certification.
4. ISO 9000 “Lead Assessor” and “Implementation” certification and experience a plus
1. Exerts up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 to 25 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
2. Excellent manual dexterity is required to operate the technical instruments and equipment appropriate to assembly.
3. Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers frequently in handling tools and equipment necessary to assemble and Inspect electrical and electronics components in military sonar systems and commercial geophysical equipment. Also, working on computers and other office equipment.
4. Employee occasionally stands and/or walks and reaches with hands and arms in moving tools, equipment and/or products or to go into meeting with Engineering Department for work discussions with supervisors.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
1. Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
2. Inspection aboard ship may be required from time to time.
3. Willing to travel on occasion.
4. Interacts with the Engineering Department and provides support to other technical personnel.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.