- 182324 - Buyer
- CA-Bay Area
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for an opening in Sunnyvale, CA.
This position reports to the Manager, Supply Chain. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Shows Initiative and responsibility, is proactive, seeks out possible solutions for issues before escalating. Under minimal supervision, performs varied purchasing assignments to procure supplies, raw materials and equipment necessary for the operation of the organization, based on MRP or actual customer orders released from hold. Follows established procedures, practices and policies to contact vendors, obtain quotations, examine bids, make awards, place orders, and expedite delivery of goods/services. Exercises judgment and working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to make purchase at price consistent with quality and quantity.
• Negotiates and generates purchase orders for approved purchase requisitions, and production materials per MRP.
• Reviews and resolves daily internal purchasing problems and shortages within his/her commodity, and ensures communication to cross functional teams.
• Reschedule Purchase Orders as required.
• Supports major cost reduction programs.
• Returns discrepant inventory items to vendors within his/her commodity.
• Resolves discrepant invoice issues in a timely manner.
• Confers with suppliers concerning late, on-time and early deliveries.
• Participates in supplier performance reviews within his/her commodity.
• Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Ability to use a PC with Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to perform data entry into an ERP system such as Oracle.
• Well organized and must have good communication skills.
• Purchasing certificate preferred.
• Regularly interfaces with Production leads and Supervisors, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Customer Service, Demand Planning, R&D Engineering, Accounts Payable and Document Services.
• Occasionally interacts with Marketing/Sales, and Finance.
Builds stable working relationships internally.
Accredited Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.