- 182396 - Payroll Tax Analyst
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Payroll Tax Analyst for an opening in Pittsburgh, PA.
First point of contact for all payroll tax issues, including agency notices, filing for tax ID’s, audit support, Employee support and W2 corrections.
• Responsible for the adjustment process related to W2c’s
• Works with payroll and Corporate Tax department for tax ID set up
• Reviews employee tax set up in partnership with payroll team
• Monitors payroll tax activity in partnership with 3rd party vendor
• Collaborates with payroll team to resolve employee inquiries/cases within the SLA timeframe.
• Assists in the analysis of the accuracy of tax withholding or reporting.
• Helps identify drivers of abnormalities, researches, analyzes and documents as well as propose corrective action.
• Responsible for recording, monitoring, and resolving agency tax notices & tracers with 3rd party provider & government agencies, as well as validating of all agency responses.
• Performs detailed jurisdictional reconciliations for internal & external audits.
• Creates adhoc reporting to support internal & external functions.
• Researches and remains current with payroll tax compliance laws and regulations
• Assists with Year-End processing and closing.
• Collectively collaborates with team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely tax filing & reporting to government authorities.
• Proactively audits and validates payroll tax filings / reports submitted by our 3rd party service provider.
• Reviews & confirms that all payroll tax deposits are accurate and executed on-time to eliminate any late filing penalties.
• Supports and Reviews Quarter Balancing & Year End processes with 3rd Party Vendor
• Assists with quarterly and annual audit engagements with Internal & External Auditors. Ensures informational requests are documented, information is provided and that any issues are clearly identified and resolved.
• Maintains meaningful metrics associated with Payroll Tax
• 5+ years of Payroll tax reporting and compliance in a multi-state / large corporation.
• 3+ Experience with ADP (Payforce preferred)
• Ability and desire to maintain confidentiality and protect employee information
• Ability to be detail oriented and accurate
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal
• Advanced Excel skills
• Excellent customer service skills and strong analytical ability.
• Critical thinking skills needed to investigate and resolve issues.
• Experience with Workday is preferred
• Works with a strong sense of urgency.
• Proficiency with ERP general ledger system.
• Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to changing priorities to meet deadlines and work on various initiatives concurrently.
• Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve.
• Highly ethical, analytical, team-oriented, flexible, inquisitive & logical.
• CPP designation is preferred.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.