- 182401 - Electro-optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Engineer
- 4 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electro-optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Engineer for an opportunity in Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
• Provide technical inputs, assessments and management of program engineering efforts in support of the acquisition strategy for each case.
• Analyze EO/IR sensor systems architectures, HW and SW, to determine functionality and performance
• Research new technologies for EO/IR sensing and provide recommendations on approaches to incorporate into new sensors
• Evaluate development cost, schedule, and technical risks for sensor designs
• Prepare trade-space products that clearly communicate EO/IR sensor performance versus design and development cost and schedule
• Recommend sensor options that best meet technical and programmatic requirements. Assess EO/IR sensors and provides evaluations of avionics integration feasibility
• Recommend analysis, modeling and simulation, and test options that predict and verify system performance requirements throughout development
• Collaborate on EO/IR sensor teams proposing specific actions that lead to the highest performance EO/IR sensor capabilities. Verify on-going sensor development projects are meeting performance and programmatic milestones
• Participate in major events including System Requirements Reviews (SRRs), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) and other technical/management activities
• Coordinate with the PMO to conduct in-country site surveys under the FMS program
• Support Installation and Check-Out (I&CO) of delivered sensor systems in customers’ countries
• Evaluate the country infrastructures to support the operation, maintenance, storage, and staging of the sensor system
• Strong communication skills with customers, end users, and analysts in order to provide recommended contractual language to specific test-related sections of solicitations
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
Current EO/IR experience and knowledge of the DoD acquisition processes is preferred. Ideal candidate would have experience with system engineering processes and experience with FMS and sensor analysis.
Knowledge of systems engineering principles, verification and validation of requirements, and understanding the Air Force’s acquisition processes is desired
Accredited Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electro-Optics, Engineering or a related field with at least 10 years' experience, or Master's degree with at least 8 years' experience.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.