- 182437 - Senior Laser Scientist
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo
- 3 Month CTH
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Laser Scientist for an opening in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
The ideal candidate for this position is a Laser Scientist who has a strong background in research and development activities.
With limited direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review, research, design, development, and/or solution to advanced technical scientific problem(s). May function in an advisory or leadership role and participate in the planning and oversight of the successful resolution of the scientific problem(s) and the implementation of the resolution and may provide direction and guidance to professional and support staff. Formulates technical plans for solution(s) development, documentation, and deployment of the scientific solution(s); as well as responsible for meeting various compliance, reporting, and safety standards. Evaluates the integration of the scientific solution within the overall scientific environment; and ensures that appropriate documentation, testing, maintenance, and scientific updates completed. Communicates with scientific professionals, solution users, and management throughout the solution development cycle, represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects, interacts with senior external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations, and participates in the development of new or expansion of existing business.
• Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced technical scientific problems.
• Develop laser architectures to meet top-level performance metrics, incorporating laser energetics and thermal/opto-mechanical limitations.
• Analyzes laser system performance, including laser energetics, beam quality and system efficiency.
• Build and test developmental laser systems, including optical alignment and integration of electro-optical and opto-mechanical components.
• Represents the organization as a prime technical contact within and scientific team for assigned project(s)/program(s).
• May function in an advisory or leadership role for a project/program and provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff or team of professional staff.
• Formulates plans and guides the development and implementation of scientific solution(s) including deployment, resource requirements, testing, documentation, integration and compliance and safety.
• Plans and coordinates the maintenance of scientific solutions including, documentation, reporting, publishing, and making technical and other presentations to ensure viability of the solution(s) in an evolving environment.
• Plans for future applications of solutions based on new developments in scientific technology.
• Participates in or may lead the development of new or expansion of existing business opportunities.
• May develop and/or perform advanced computational modeling of scientific phenomena.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• The ideal candidate has direct technical experience in working with high peak and/or average power laser systems, with preference given to expertise in either diode-pumped solid state or fiber laser technologies
• Must have the ability to contribute at a high technical level in both hands-on experimental work and theoretical/modeling activities.
• Must demonstrate; (1) a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of scientific principles, concepts, theory, and practice; (2) the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership; (3) have original work(s) published in professional scientific journals; and, (4) have been invited to present one or more original works in scientific symposia.
• Must possess the ability to; (1) understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; (2) excellent communication, computer, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals; (3) the capability of representing the organization as a prime technical contact; (4) and, the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
• Must also be; customer focused; able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment; and, able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD in a scientific or related technical field and progressively complex scientific experience as follows; twelve or more years experience with a Bachelors degree, ten or more years experience with a Masters degree, and seven or more with a PhD. Equivalent scientific experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.