- 182438 - Material Planning Supervisor
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Planning Supervisor for an opening in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
This position is responsible for actively managing material planning activities and participating in one or more planning function(s), which may include project planning and/or master scheduling or manufacturing planning. Plans, leads and participates in activities to ensure smooth flow of work and continuous operation.
" Manages and actively participates in the daily operations of material planning activities by prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
" Establishes proposal, task and program/project scheduling details for material planning. Monitors and analyzes material availability to ensure on-time completion. Identifies and resolves potential problems.
" Interfaces with program engineers, project control, materials management, and/or related personnel to ensure project objectives such as budget, schedule and performance standards are attained.
" Implements and monitors standard procedures; leads and participates in the development, recommendation and maintenance of policy and guidelines in line with industry best practice and regulatory requirements.
" Represents the organizational unit as a contact with internal and external representatives; makes internal and external presentations as required.
" Participates in the planning, attraction, selection, retention and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required talent.
" Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
" Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of material planning concepts, techniques and standards.
Must be able to organize, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads and staff to meet established milestones.
- Must understand the principles of material planning and demand management as well as the concept of ERP/MRP systems with responsibility for ensuring support of program execution.
- Must be customer focused and posses the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of moderately complex issues.
- Good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees.
- The ability to represent the company on external projects.
- Strong knowledge of SAP ERP/MRP, MS Excel, SAP BI and MS Project experience a plus.
- APICS CPIM, PMP, Lean/Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Ability to work on a self-initiated basis and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Accredited Bachelors degree in a related field and nine or more years of progressive experience with at least three of those years in management. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.