- 182441 - Production Planner
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Production Planner for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
The Production Planner is responsible for the active management of assigned categories of Make To Stock and Make To Order consumable life sciences products, ensuring high levels of order fulfillment and inventory optimization, including:
• Back Order Management (MTS & MTO).
• Responsible for achieving and maintaining specified MTS/MTO Back Order objectives, driving optimal order fulfillment levels.
• Take all reasonable steps to avoid back order positions on all categories under direct or indirect management, and expeditiously resolve back orders should they arise, seeking out root causes and taking ownership for driving corrective actions.
• Escalate and resolve issues where there is reason to believe that extraordinary risk, duration, or magnitude of back order position exists.
• Inventory Planning and Management
• Achieve and maintain specified Inventory Optimization plans, driving optimal Inventory levels and minimizing Excess & Obsolete inventory risk.
• Safety Stock Management – actively maintain adequate safety stocks to ensure Back Order goals are met through judicious use of inventory and identify anomalies in demand or supply that require timely updating of safety stock targets to insure uninterrupted supply.
• Capacity Planning and Management - maintain valid Capacity plans for each category such that all key variances are identified and communicated to stakeholders for course correction or acknowledgement of departure from plan.
• Data Management - make good use of all relevant tools, and take ownership for identification of – and resolution of – all data quality issues that may hinder the execution of duties within category and across sites where applicable.
• Training and Professional Development - actively participate in continuous training and education to ensure skillsets grow.
• Previous MRP planning experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in ERP/MRP Planning systems, including all relevant planning parameters.
• Advanced degree (MBA or related) and / or APICS Certifications highly desirable.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
• In-Depth knowledge of planning software (MRP), preferably Oracle E1, SAP or similar.
• Strong knowledge or planning, purchasing, and shop floor systems.
• Solid understanding of concepts of inventory flow throughout the supply chain.
• Strong understanding of concepts of inventory management and distribution planning.
• Intense customer service focus.
• Ability to develop and provide reports to satisfy ongoing inquires on inventory, capacity and product availability.
• Solid writing skills to develop routine reports and correspondences that are clear and concise.
• Strong verbal communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
• Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain or operations management.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.