- 182478 - Electronic Assembler
- Up to $18.00 DOE
- 9 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electronic Technician for an opening in Sterling, VA.
Read and interpret test procedures. Select and set-up proper test equipment for
equipment to be tested. Connect instruments to equipment being tested. Establish
logical format for recording data.
• Calibrate test instruments as required
• Perform mechanical and electronic testing. Performing tests requires detailed
understanding of the equipment being tested.
o Troubleshoot non-functioning equipment to determine defect and make
recommendations to improve equipment reliability and manufacturability.
o Ability to troubleshoot to the component level on circuit boards
o Work with engineering personnel on problem solving
• Record data accurately in a clear concise manner that is easy to read. Information
recorded to be sufficient to repeat the test at a future date. Maintain a logical filing
system for test data sufficient to allow easy retrieval at a future date.
• Write test reports
• Assemble mechanical / electrical assemblies using tech manuals, drawings, wiring
schematics and verbal instructions.
• Work with engineers to develop assembly instructions for new products.
• Familiarity with Hass testing and able to operate environmental test equipment
• Additional duties as assigned.
Position requires knowledge of electronics, mechanical assemblies, programming principles & practices and techniques that are applicable to all electronic systems.
Knowledge of a full range of diagnostic test and evaluation procedures and associated
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings.
• Understanding of symbols terminology using engineering drawings, logic diagrams and
• Able perform electro mechanical assembly tasks
• Ability to use all common mechanical and electronic laboratory test equipment
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Soldering skills
• Good computer skills working in a windows environment
Working environment is a conditioned manufacturing area.
Accredited Associate Degree in electronics or trade school certificate or 3 years’ experience as electronic technician.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.