- 182496 - Assembler
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opportunity in Clearwater, FL
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
• Ability to read and interprets prints, labeling diagrams and mixing ratios.
• Operate several different types of dispensing and coating machines to meet customer specifications.
• Mask and/or tape circuit boards in areas that are to be free of conformal coating or potting.
• Inspect assemblies to ensure proper coating coverage.
• Maintain the coating and dispensing machines to ensure proper operating condition.
• Remove any excess coating and perform manual touch-up of any areas the coating machine may miss so boards maintain a consistent high quality.
• Transport racks of circuit boards from one destination to another to continue the manufacturing process.
• Maintain machines including changing the fluids and mixers and cleaning machines to ensure proper and efficient operation.
• Perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe and clean working environment at all times.
• Knowledge of various materials used.
• Must complete applicable Specific Function Training courses.
• Additional tasks may be assigned by the supervisor to accommodate fluctuating production requirements.
• Encapsulation of discrete assemblies.
• Replenishes chemicals, solvents, compounds, process fluids as required, including dispensing into secondary containers and chemical cleaning.
• Prepares and applies potting, bonding and coating compounds, lubricants, spray coats or insulated tape to a variety of components and assemblies, inclusive of all finishing processes.
• Advances or retrieves product, material, and tools in house and from local suppliers for self and others.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Full-Time, 9/80A-2nd Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.