- 182502 - Scientist
- CA-Bay Area
- South San Francisco
- Up to $30.00 DOE
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist for an opening in South San Francisco, CA.
The qualified candidate will work as a bench scientist in the Oligo Chemistry R&D group at Oyster Point site of Thermo Fisher Scientific and will work in synthesis, analysis, purification, quantitation and characterization of oligonucleotides.
• Performs direct labor to produce and/or qualify oligos as per R&D requirement and needs
• Operates laboratory equipment that may include but not limited to DNA synthesizers (AB 3900, MerMade96E, AKTAs), cleavage and de-protection cans/apparatus, dry down equipment, HPLC instruments, and Mass Spectroscopy instruments.
• Follows special instructions per SOPs or lead R&D scientist
• Perform manual pipetting, tubing and labeling
• Involves working with chemicals and use of hoods
• At least 1-2 years hands-on experience in synthesis, analysis and purification of
• Demonstrated skills in HPLC, UV, other analytical techniques and data analysis
Accredited B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related fields
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.