- 182588 - Network Administrator
- Salt Lake City
- Up to $30.00 DOE
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Network Administrator for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
Plans and assists with the coordination of the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. Ensures the secure operation of in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections. The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
• Plans, acquires, and coordinates installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
• Develops and deploys methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
• Manages and ensures effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
• Manages and ensures effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
• Conducts research and makes recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
• Assesses and administers equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Assists in establishing and maintaining best practices for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting end-user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
• Assists in network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
• Approves and administers user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
• Assists in the processing of incoming problem tickets to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
• Coordinates and/or performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications when required.
• Monitors and tests fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Accesses software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Assesses need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
• Oversees development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
• Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of technology procurement and development efforts.
• Works with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversees installation, and resolves adaptation issues.
• Implements, maintains, oversees and assists in the development and enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
• Analyzes and resolves security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required.
• Monitors server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interprets activity and makes recommendations for resolution.
• Recommends, schedules (where appropriate), and applies fixes, security patches and updates to servers and systems in a timely fashion in conjunction with their release and/or announcement by software vendors.
• Assesses need for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required.
• Keeps current with emerging security alerts and issues.
• Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
• Downloads and tests new security software and/or technologies.
• Recommends, schedules, and performs security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
• Provides on-call security support to end-users.
• Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established Client Ethics Standards.
• Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment; including, but not limited to safety glasses, etc.
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• 5+ years closely related work experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
• Broad hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
• Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, and associated security systems, etc.
• Exceptional technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, etc.
• Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, Ethernet.
• Experience installing network cabling.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to conduct research into related issues and products as required.
• Strong documentation skills.
• 5+ years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, and associated security systems, etc.
• Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection.
• Familiarity and technical competence with asset management software and/or inventory-tracking systems.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.