- 182600 - Senior Propulsion Engineer
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Propulsion Engineer for an opening in Huntsville, AL.
* Supports operation of engineering systems and documents any problems.
* Responsible for providing propulsion system subject matter expertise including solid rocket motors, liquid fueled rocket engines, divert and attitude control systems, and satellite/space propulsion systems.
* Leads analysis, design, development, integration and testing of propulsion systems and components.
* Responsible for performing propulsion-related analysis, conceptual sizing and design of propulsion systems.
* Manages propulsion subcontractors through the design, development, integration and test of propulsion systems.
* Devises new approaches and develops new tools to resolve unusual or complex engineering problems.
* Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements.
* Support proposal and business development activities.
* Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
* May represent the organization as the prime technical contact on some contracts or projects.
* Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
* Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required
Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals; the capability of representing the organization as a prime technical contact; and, the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals. Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required. A Professional Engineering License, original work(s) published in professional engineering journals, invited to present one or more original works to an engineering symposium, and invited and/or participated on an engineering review panel are desirable.
Bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
Travel Percentage Required 0% - 25%
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.