- 182657 - Assembler
- NC-North Carolina
- Up to $14.75 DOE
- 8 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Asheville, NC.
Performs routine procedures following written work instructions to complete manufacturing processes. Measures and verifies that component materials are available per specification. Operates production equipment. Maintains documentation on manufacturing processes to comply with organization and regulatory standards. Cleans, assembles and brazes products to print, work order and product specifications also checks connections for leaks using dry nitrogen pressure. Develops, forms, shapes, bends, and cuts tubing according to design specifications and quality standards, using a variety of procedures and equipment, such as tube straighteners, flare, forming, leak check and cutoff machines. Visually inspects the unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and ensures best quality products within current takt times. Fully engages with team and other associates to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous improvement in the plant.
• Reviews and interprets assembly drawings, work orders, and production schedules for product specifications.
Develops various sizes and shapes of tubing by cutting, bending, and forming into various configurations and lengths. Sets up and operates a variety of bending and shaping equipment such as cut off, flare and straightener, wing bender, hand bender, etc. Measures and verifies tubing shapes and lengths to assure proper fit. Pressurizes specified copper and steel tubing to check for leaks and verifies with pressure gauges.
• Cleans, assembles and brazes systems using a variety of procedures and equipment. Assembles component according to work station instructions and drawings as required. Checks brazed assemblies using vacuum pumps, helium and leak check machine. Assists in quality control procedures replacing components as instructed; reworks units rejected by quality control. Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
• Completes appropriate internal control documents including Final Inspection Sheets, Total Quality Control sheets. Enters product related information into computer system to track bar codes, locations or production rates.
• Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban inventory system and maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations. Reports any shortages to cell leader or supervision.
• Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
• Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices within guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety and efficiency.
• Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team goals and continuous improvement in process.
• Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of others regarding production issues and goals.
• Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
• Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.
• Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
• Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
• Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions and interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown.
• Manufacturing and/or brazing experience preferred but not required.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.