- 182671 - Systems Engineer 4
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 Systems Engineer 4's for openings in Mesa, AZ.
2 different roles outlined below:
1. System Engineer /DOORS Administrator Role:
The ideal candidate will have the ability to investigate and solve requirements management process problems as well as identify and act upon opportunities to make internal process improvements and establish best practices.
• Performing regular maintenance on all modules and enhancing DOORS features and capability by creating and running DXL scripts
• Testing, planning, and rolling out DOORS upgrades
• Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) tasks include importing documents from various source files, creation and population of attributes, creation of link modules/link sets, creation of links for various purposes (e.g. traceability, verification, analyses), and managing access to database
• Engaging with programs' Systems Engineering leads, Data Management and Configuration Management personnel to ensure processes are in alignment with programs' tailored requirements
• Perform maintenance of existing databases, including generating templates to be populated by engineers and then import populated templates back into DOORS.
• Develop processes to generate status and traceability reports, metrics, and MS Word documents using the Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) tool.
• Develop schemas and maintain IBM DOORS requirements database including architecture of modules, attributes, objects, and linking schema.
• Baseline DOORS modules/projects for proper configuration management, change management, and ensuring version control
• Create reports of requirements traceability and analysis to identify gaps and inconsistencies
• Monitor and maintain integrity of links during the development phases of programs.
• Troubleshoot DOORS problems.
• Develop and implement common best practices for DOORS to support requirements management throughout the organization. Import requirements from other databases to DOORS
• Knowledge and Experience developing scripts and managing DOORS links utilizing DXL, VBA, JAVA or similar
• Fluency in the use of DOORs Requirements Management tool, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is a must.
• Strong understanding of fundamental requirements development and management processes
• Strong communication, facilitator and team skills
2. Model Based Systems Engineer:
• Use MBSE tools and activities to develop executable architectures and processes in order to provide informed recommendations on technical and engineering matters. Ensure conformance with all Army MBSE requirements including, but not limited to, architecture framework, schema..
• Apply a rigorous MBSE approach that is fully documented and produces the following minimal set of project deliverables:
o System Architecture Model
o Model-Based System Requirements Specifications (SRS)
o Model Based System & Subsystem Design Document (SSDD)
o System and Component Dynamic Behavior
o Model Based System Interface Control Documents (ICD)
• Provide expertise with SysML to generate and analyze engineering artifacts
• Coordinate and collaborate with client and government officials to support rapid integration and interoperability of systems and components.
• Institute and maintain industry best-practice standards, processes, and methodologies.
• 2+ years of Model Based System Engineering MBSE tools and procedures
• Experience with, and understanding of, object oriented design.
• Understanding system interface requirements and requirements management
• Experience with SysML, UPDM, and DoDAF modeling and modeling tools such as Cameo/No Magic and IBM Rhapsody
• Familiar with systems engineering lifecycle
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Accredited Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.