- 182675 - Bioinformatics Scientist
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Up to $37.51 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
Your primary responsibility will be to support new product introductions (NPI) focusing on targeted high-throughput sequencing assay development using AmpliSeq and AmpliSeq HD technologies. Applications will include oncology diagnostics, whole exome sequencing and novel sequencing-based applications.
• You will provide complex and custom bioinformatics analysis to support development of new targeted sequencing assays.
• You will apply innovative data mining approaches to troubleshoot and improve NGS assay performance.
• You will help molecular biologists with data interpretation and analyses such as variant calling, CNV detection, phasing and genome annotations.
• You will work in close collaboration with other bioinformatics, software, instrument and product management teams, both local and remote.
• You are expected to work independently, be able to prioritize, focus and multi-task, with strong data analysis and problem solving expertise.
• The position is offered to candidates with a graduate degree in bioinformatics, physics, statistics, biological or computer sciences.
• You should have a solid knowledge of the next-generation sequencing analysis and understanding of data analysis principles as demonstrated by publication history or industry experience.
• Proficiency in Python (or Perl), R, Linux shell scripting and scientific data visualization is required.
• In depth understanding of genomics and molecular biology will make you a stronger candidate.
• Experience with PCR primer design, sequence and motif analysis is particularly welcome.
• Effective communication skills, especially for presenting scientific results, keeping records and working collaboratively in a team of scientists are necessary.
Accredited graduate degree in bioinformatics, physics, statistics, biological or computer sciences.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.