- 182699 - F-18 Aircraft Mechanic
- Up to $23.93 DOE
- 1 year
Chipton-Ross is seeking an F-18 Aircraft Mechanic for an opportunity in Jacksonville, FL.
Perform maintenance operations on aircraft, aircraft equipment, engines, components, and systems in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives in support of aircraft modification.
Perform other Airframe & Powerplant repairs.
Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment. Considerable care and judgment required to fit and adjust parts and assemblies to requirements and specifications and in performing various assembly and installation operations.
Will be required to work with the guidance of more senior skilled employees.
Elements marked with an asterisk are essential functions that are required for the satisfactory performance of the duties described.
1) Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
2) Able to setup and use pneumatic tools such as screw guns, etc.
3) Able to setup and use a torque wrench.
4) Able to use common hand tools such as: wrenches, safety wire pliers, etc.
5) Able to remove and replace panels, floorboards, insulation and sealing compounds, by means of all type of mechanical fasteners.
6) Familiar with "large" aircraft and components such as airframe and powerplant.
7) Able to remove, replace, check out aircraft components and assemblies.
8) Able to effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties.
9) Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
10) Able to perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment.
11) Able to perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
12) May order parts, pan stock, tools, materials, and equipment as required to perform assigned duties.
13) Responsible for complying with all rules and regulations concerning health and safety, tool control, contracts, facilities and other pertinent coverages.
14) Perform other duties as directed by supervision and management for the benefit of the company, program, or employee(s).
Must have 2 to 4 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
Should have knowledge of shop mathematics, hydraulics, mechanical, pneudraulic and assembly methods, and shop practice.
High School degree/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.