- 182833 - Affordability Engineer
- Fort Worth
- 15 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Affordability Engineer for an opportunity in Fort Worth, TX
Supporting the F-35 Affordability Program, the systems engineer will be responsible for the integration and execution of Cost Reduction Initiatives (CRI) across the Production, Sustainment, and Development business units for the program. The candidate will provide counsel to cost category and CRI project owners regarding Affordability processes, business decision criteria’s, and funding options for successful CRI completion. The candidate will monitor costs and progress of CRI projects, provide technical guidance to the CRI process managers, and work in accordance with program management requests and expectations from the F-35 Program Office. Dedicated communication skills are a must, as integration duties will require liaison duties across multiple stakeholders and teams such as engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, suppliers, and business units across the F-35 program as well as our JPO customer. As a systems engineer, the candidate will also develop and exercise skills as a Value Driven Solutions Specialist according to the expectations set forth by the Aeronautics Engineering & Technology functional leadership.
• Engineering Experience in the Aerospace Industry
• Experience using Microsoft Office tools emphasizing Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Experience with written, verbal, and presentation communications skills, including briefing to members of upper management.
• Experience in systems engineering disciplines with understanding of the total lifecycle (architecture, requirements, design, analysis, integration, verification, production and sustainment) including the following key competencies: Supplier Interface, Proposal Analysis, Risk and Opportunity Assessment.
• Experience working with the change request process.
• Experience with trade studies.
• Understanding and strong appreciation for practicing and developing Standard Work processes and tools.
• Knowledge of overall F-35 air system, design, and processes.
• Knowledge of F-35 development, production operations, and sustainment.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technically related discipline.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.