- 182867 - Database Architect 4
- Newport News
- $42.68 to $54.71 DOE
- 1 year
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Database Architect 4 for an opportunity in Newport News, VA.
Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
Must have 9 Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 7 Years relevant experience with Masters; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements.
Equivalence: Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of experience. Master's Degree and 4 years of experience. Ph.D. and 0 years of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor's degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor's degree.
• Experienced Database Architect supporting Oracle v11g, and v12 databases or higher. Proactive database performance tuning, optimizations of existing and creation of new database performance monitoring procedures.
• Experience administering Oracle databases, multi-tenant databases and SAP HANA S/4 databases.
• Experience with Exadata, Oracle 11g/12c, RDBMS, RAC, OEM, RMAN, and Oracle Data guard.
• SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX and/or Shell programming experience. Develop and implement database automation solutions
• Participate in 24x7 on call rotation and work outside of business hours as needed.
• Experience optimizing, upgrading and patching Oracle 11g, and v12 databases or higher.
• Experience with RMAN backing up multiple Oracle databases and archive logs.
• Experience with Oracle STIG compliance, vulnerability remediation, retirements, problem resolution, database monitoring, performance & tuning, license management, security, auditing (including SOX audits), system integrity, backup and recovery, support business continuity, disaster recovery planning and testing.
• Experience working in a fast paced team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience with large databases and large datasets in a mission critical environment.
• Knowledge of Database Architecture Principles with a strong desire to learn new technologies.
• Experience running and maintaining multiple production databases on various platforms.
Bachelors or Master's degree required. See required experience for equivalency.
School must be accredited.
Monday- Friday 7:30am- 4:00pm.
Some weekends and late nights may be required.
Participate in 24x7 on Call rotation.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.