- 182910 - A&P Mechanic
- Newport News
- Up to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an A&P Mechanic for an opening in Newport News, VA.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of mechanical/structural removal, installation, repair and modification to aircraft, engines and components in accordance with OEM maintenance manuals to include FAA approved engineering data/drawings, supporting company policies/procedures and/or supervisory instructions.
• Performs routine maintenance
• Performs Learjet 35, 35A, 36 and 36A airframe and engine OEM maintenance, OR equivalent Corporate Jet/Military airframe and engine OEM experience to include 12,000 hour and 12-year inspections
• Troubleshoot, repair and perform modifications of airframe components and associated equipment
• Engine removal and installation
• Perform complex electrical/mechanical/avionics troubleshooting
• Use basic hand tools and demonstrate knowledge of mechanical skills
• Read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, blueprints, T.O. specs and engineering specifications
• Assemble close tolerance parts and use hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet gun
• Reviews all work for conformance to maintenance manual/ modification specifications and documents all such data on approved company maintenance forms
• Sheet metal experience a plus
• A&P License
• Minimum four years of Learjet or Corporate Jet/ Military Aircraft Maintenance experience
• Own tools in a secure box that is shadowed and etched to company standards
• May be required to pass an FAA class 2 or DOT physical
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Friday Ending, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.