- 182915 - Designer I
- NJ-New Jersey
- Wall Township
- 2 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Designer I for an opportunity in Wall Township, NJ
Creates detail drawings (paper and CAD) of parts or routine sub-assemblies incorporating all the necessary information on dimensions, materials, specification, notes, which will be required to produce the part.
Analyzes and breaks down preliminary and general assembly design drawings which have been prepared by design engineer or design drafter.
• Creates detail drawings (paper and CAD) of various parts and sub-assemblies involved in showing dimensions, materials, specification, assembly, and inspection notes.
• Prepares assembly drawings (paper and CAD) showing callout of detail and standard parts, and all pertinent data required for the fabrication of these parts.
• Incorporates ECNs per standard Air Cruisers drafting procedures and practices.
• Prepares charts, graphs, and schematic drawings.
• Checks with Manufacturing Engineering as directed, to obtain information on manufacturing processes, tooling, and the availability of standard tooling.
• Verify digitized patterns by comparison to blueprints, sketches, and actual patterns.
• Checks design changes (ECNs) for drawings, including specification
and source drawings generated by other drafting team members
• Research and interact with Engineering and Manufacturing in support of new drawings and changes to existing drawings.
• Coordinates in-house drawing review and approval signatures.
• Enter tracking data into database for in process ECNs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• One-year certificate from college or technical school.
• Two years minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Able to generate drawings from 3D Models. Knowledge of SDRC, Catia and Autocad helpful.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.