- 182929 - Designer
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Designer for an opening in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
Develop design solutions for assigned structural products and components with minimum supervision.
Interact with engineering staff on design concepts and progress.
Develop layouts, sketches, and may investigate design factors such as damage tolerance, durability, and structural modeling.
Utilizing Solidworks, CREO and Windchill in design tasks.
Develop details related to structural assemblies, mechanisms, devices, cable harnesses and assemblies.
Produce manufacturing drawings.
Presents to engineering staff and customers as required.
Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Perform other duties as assigned or required.
•Must have a minimum 9 years of experience using Solidworks and/or Creo.
• Must have a complete understanding of engineering design concepts and principles and possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly, applying them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
• Must have a complete understanding of ASME Y14.5 2009 and possess a working knowledge in the use of GD&T
• Must be very familiar with the Global Drawing Requirements Manual (DRM) and ASME Y14.100.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
• Pro-Engineering/Creo Parametric 2 experience (desirable).
• Experience with Pro-Cable, Pro-Piping or Pro-Sheet Metal (desirable).
• Experience with AutoCAD 2010 (desirable).
Accredited Associate’s degree, technical/trade school training or equivalent and nine or more years of progressive experience using 3D CAD solid modeling. Additional work experience may be substituted lieu of education.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.