- 182944 - Associate Manufacturing Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $19.81 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Associate Manufacturing Technician for an opening in Pleasanton, CA.
• Work in a team based environment to manufacture high quality custom oligonucleotides in a high throughput, fast paced setting.
• Manufacture Oligonucleotides/Custom Primers for use in the biotech industry by following established protocols and SOP’s. Operate semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment. Regularly evaluate non-routine test results and either fail the product or allow it to continue through the production cycle.
• Highly repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
• Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve, troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and exercise independent judgment in selecting the best solution. Provide multiple decision options and corresponding logic/data behind the decisions. Proactively identifies production problems.
• Provides feedback and contributes ideas and suggestions to new and/or improved lab techniques, protocols, processes, special handling of the product and equipment.
• Balance multiple tasks. Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge. Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
• Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation (completes BR, get necessary verifications, document problems, bring deviations to the attention of the Leads/Supervisors).
• Continuously strive to improve output goals. Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency. Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely. Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times.
• Inform appropriate people about problems/questions; be prepared to discuss problems/questions clearly. Work in a safe manner. Work with team members to overcome obstacles. Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary. Give and receive constructive feedback
• May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Nature and Scope
• Position occupies a significant role in mainstream oligonucleotide production. The role requires the ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• 1 year of lab experience required (may be obtained through work or school).
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within the manufacturing work cells.
• Degree preferred but willing to consider candidates with relevant experience.
• Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant software (Excel and Word) are required.
• Works in a team based laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 20 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
• The above position will require you to work a flexible shift pattern.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.