- 182957 - Solar Panel Assembler
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Solar Panel Assembler for an opening in Sylmar, CA.
Performs simple production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, using manual operations. Performs a variety of technical manufacturing production assembly operations where accurate visual acuity and manual dexterity are required to fabricate production solar cell assemblies and solar panels for space applications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hand soldering, wire harness assembly and component bonding
- Complete documentation accurately
- Operates tools and equipment such as wire strippers, crimpers, solder iron, wire identification and associated tools
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations
- Demonstrated experience using a computer to look up and record information (Excel & Word)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and work instructions
- Reliable, mechanically inclined, detail orientated
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and displays a positive attitude
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs.
- Must wear a smock, hair cover, and gloves during work
- Requires accurate visual acuity
- Polymeric Application (NASA-STD-8739.1A)
- Soldering (NASA-STD-8739.3) or J-STD certified
- Crimp & Wire Routing (NASA-STD-8739.4)
- Experience in electronics and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Trade skills training or manufacturing experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications
- Familiarity with solar cell and solar panel manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Lean Mfg. ISO9001 and AS9100 concepts and practices
Accredited High school diploma or equivalent.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM
This position requires the ability to work first or second shift. Work overtime as required
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.