- 183066 - Information Systems Security Officer
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer for an opportunity in Huntsville, AL.
• Evaluates, tests, monitors, and maintains information security policies, procedures and systems such as hardware, firmware, and software. Ensures security design, controls, and procedures are aligned with information security standards and are appropriate to mitigate risk of exposure. Identifies security violations, determines cause, and implements procedures to prevent future incidents. Under direct supervision, performs routine assignments as an entry level professional. Develops core job competencies with existing procedures by solving standard problems.
• Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support accreditation and other program protection activities
• Utilize various information system inspection tools to audit systems, analyze potential vulnerabilities and identify mitigation approaches
• Conduct technical evaluation of information system designs, focusing on information security aspects and accreditation
• Review completion and implementation of system additions and enhancements, and makes recommendations to management
• Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware and software compatibility
• Assist and review program documentation to include RMF reports, accreditation packages, and security policy guides using DAAPM guidance
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology and security threats as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Accredited Associates degree in a related field or 2 years of experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.