- 183071 - Configuration Management Specialist
- $33 to $43.00 DOE
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Configuration Management Specialist for an opening in Cincinnati, OH.
As a company of choice, the incumbent will maintain engineering specifications and other related technical records. Compiles and classifies data to existing product records, establishes new product files, changes specification records to suit engineering revisions. Provides information as requested by the engineering department, sales department, cost accounting, etc., having to do with product, unit and part numbers and specifications, standard relationships, drawing numbers, etc.; issues new drawing numbers, part identification numbers, etc., through the operation of an established control system. Assists supervisor in analyzing and correlating specifications to standardized units and parts on related products to affect interchangeable parts, reduce manufacturing cost, cost of inventories, etc. May oversee/conduct other related activities.
• Manages the implementation of CDM Procedures and operating instructions. Develops new operations aimed at improving overall department efficiency.
• Accepts responsibility for such items as CI Identification, Change Control, configuration status accounting (CSA) and audit preparations.
• Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
• Reviews Request for Proposals (RFP’s) to identify special CDM requirements
• Reviews SOW’s and SOR’s, for CDM requirements, determine if our current system can accommodate requirements.
• Provide input for selection and identification of hardware/software configuration end items.
• Supports contractual baselines and schedules
• Coordinates CDM requirements with Customer representatives
• Conducts a project CCB.
• Performs job task utilizing MRP/ERP and document management applications.
• Process engineering change requests (ECR’s), Government ECP’s, Requests for deviation and request for waiver through the data management system.
• Provides Status Accounting reports.
• Assists with formal and informal configuration audits.
• Defense background in CM and preferably not commercial (if commercial…airline, manufacturing, software, food & drug, experience would be transferrable)
• NDIA Certification or willingness to obtain certification within 6 months
• Experience with DoD CM forms and Standards CM Status Accounting Requirements and CM Plan Compliance and Creation
• Preferred candidate will have experience using CostPoint Version 7, TipQA and PDF Editors
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, Associate's degree preferred
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.