- 183177 - Material Handler
- NY-New York
- Grand Island
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Handler for an opening in Grand Island, NY.
• Receives materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis.
• Verifies the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
• Examines, sorts, arranges, counts, stores, picks, and packs items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
• Operates material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.).
• Prepares and ships materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
• Train new team members the Warehouse Standard Operating Procedures / Work instructions / or Policies and procedures.
• May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
• Lifts up to 40 lbs on a regular basis.
• Routinely pushes and pulls pallets of goods.
• Regularly climbs and reaches.
• Saturdays often required
• Work required overtime based on business needs.
• Satisfactorily completes training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
• Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures; written and verbal instruction, and to meet schedules
• Must be able to achieve and pass training and proficiency standards to operate Powered Industrial Equipment.
• Must be able to maintain Powered Industrial Equipment certification standards during the length of employment.
• Some experience in logistics with a life science company
• 1 year related experience
• Experience preferred operating Powered Industrial Equipment
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.