- 183201 - Cell Biologist
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Cell Biologist for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
The successful individual will directly interact with junior and senior R&D staff, project management and external collaborators to understand or develop workplans. The scientist will then be responsible for executing plans either independently or as part of a team in order to meet agreed upon deliverables and timelines. Designated activities will require a certain level of independence but may also be in support of senior scientists.
• Tissue culture (culture of many cell types, 2D and 3D)
• Stable cell line generation (transfection and antibiotic-selection)
• Molecular biology (Plasmid subcloning and TaqMan® PCR)
• Stem cell culture (feeding, passaging and cryopreservation)
This individual will also be expected to support and participate in senior level R&D meetings.
• Perform standard laboratory math calculations and solutions/media preparation
Capabilities and Competencies
1-3 years’ experience in cell culture and molecular biology techniques (DNA/RNA/protein)
1-3 years’ experience in cell culture
1-3 years’ experience in assay development and imaging/microscopy techniques
• Sterile cell culture techniques
• Manipulating DNA plasmid constructs and with various forms of PCR
• Molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA extraction and microarray based techniques.
• Assay development (2D/3D) and imaging/microscopy expertise
Additional experience (not required, but good to have):
• Stem cell culture
• Cell line engineering
• Virus generation
• Observe deviations from the expected outcomes
• Succeed with a moderate level of supervision and guidance
• Strong teamwork orientation with demonstrable influence/interpersonal skills
The vast majority of working time will be spent in a laboratory environment. Some work will take place in biosafety hoods in a tissue culture laboratory, working with various cell cultures. Cells will typically be validated by molecular biology techniques or functional assays. Sometime will be spent at the desk recording laboratory activities appropriately in notebooks.
Must be capable of observing and adhering to lab safety standards and protocols.
Critical to success in this position will be the individual’s ability to independently work on some projects and to provide support on others. Equally important will be the ability to work as part of team in the laboratory (extended R&D team) as well as a broader cross-functional team (R&D, Project Management, Collaborator).
Accredited Associate’s degree (required). Candidates with a bachelor’s degree or industry experience (preferred).
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.