- 183378 - Build Reliability Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Build Reliability Engineer for an opening in Seattle, WA.
As a build reliability engineer on the Starlink team, you will evaluate product performance data, perform failure investigations to drive improvements in manufacturing and acceptance test quality, and actively represent quality objectives for the program.
Root Cause and Corrective Action Investigations:
• Conduct hands-on root cause analysis of all electronics communicating with our satellites (i.e. power supply, WiFi card) during production, which includes functional test, RF calibration and ongoing reliability testing (i.e. environmental) using standard troubleshooting equipment.
• Understand complex electronic circuit design schematic and test requirements to perform in-depth failure investigations to understand and characterize failure modes. This may require running destructive analysis testing (cross-sections), visual inspections (x-ray, CT-scan, SEM), material analysis and/or other techniques available to get to the bottom of the failure.
• Perform offline testing using test racks and software if required to identify failure mode.
• Drive corrective actions to eliminate re-occurrence of previous failure modes by driving design and bill of material changes, acceptance test reliability and manufacturing process improvements.
• Responsible for root causing failures on customer returns, track escape rate and prioritize counter-measures to eliminate escapes.
Evaluate and Analyze Production Quality Landscape
• Use root cause analysis findings to make landscape transparent and drive project prioritization. Responsible for ensuring that issues related to product reliability are primary focus.
• Drive achievement of quality targets through a review hierarchy with appropriate levels of management.
• 1+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing, test or hardware development role.
• Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and offsite as needed.
• Master's degree in electrical engineering with an emphasis on RF and digital signal processing.
• 1+ years of experience in a PCBA manufacturing facility.
• Knowledge of quality tools such as Lean principles, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Metrology, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans, and various problem solving approaches.
• Programming experience in Python, C and SQL.
• Demonstrated capability solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
• Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, aerospace, marine or automotive industries.
• Experience with micro electronics manufacturing processes. Experience with automated test methods such as flying probes or bed of nails.
Accredited Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.