- 183388 - Column Chemistry Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $20.50 DOE
- 2 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Column Chemistry Technician for an opening in Sunnyvale, CA.
The position reports to the Production Supervisor and Production Team Lead. This position is responsible for the production of various columns and related consumables. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues. Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Under close supervision, read bills of material, discrete jobs and production procedures. Under close supervision perform assembly, packing, equilibration; testing using various ion chromatography equipment, and embalming of columns and/or related consumables. Under close supervision follows written and verbal instructions using common laboratory equipment by performing the following duties.
• Handle chemicals and solutions, eluents, and waste in a safe and appropriate manner. Approximately 50% of the daily activities will be spent handling chemicals and mixing solutions.
• Follow production schedule; complexity limited to 1 to 2 products at a time.
• Maintain production records on all products packed, assembled and tested.
• Record daily quantities, yields, and discrete job status.
• Inform the Production Lead immediately of any material shortages and/or production issues.
• Fill out Rejection and Store Transaction forms as needed.
• Fill out time sheet daily.
• Assist teammates in achieving goals, often requiring multi-tasking.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Must have demonstrated ability in the preparation of chemical solutions, standards, and the use of common laboratory equipment.
• Candidates with 1 year of college chemistry with 1 year of chemical laboratory experience, or 1 to 2 years of related laboratory experience or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interaction with Other Employees (level of contact, purpose and frequency)
• Regularly communicate with the Production Lead and Production Supervisor to take the daily assignments and to report any relevant production related information during the work day.
• Works frequently with Manufacturing Engineering to improve quality and/or throughput of products.
• Builds stable working relationships internally.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.