- 183412 - Electrical Engineer
- CA-Northern California
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an opportunity in Palmdale, CA
Instrumentation Engineer for F-22 CTF at Edwards AFB, CA. Responsible for performing preflight of aircraft instrumentation. Attend pre and post mission briefings. Provide mission control room support. Direct instrumentation modification via T2 Mod process. Direct and trouble shoot instrumentation installations utilizing electrical drawings. Provide modification to electrical drawings utilizing Visio/Catia.
- Analog and digital circuit design and analysis.
- Signal conditioning, transducers, and data acquisition.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings.
- Extensive knowledge of instrumentation system designs supporting fast paced flight test programs.
- Prior experience with LM Aero Flight Test Instrumentation processes, procedures, and tools.
- CATIA, CCD, AutoCAD or similar design tools.
- Working knowledge of electronics and experience in electronics troubleshooting techniques and tools, including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and other common laboratory equipment.
- Microprocessor firmware design and embedded system design
- Aircraft instrumentation concepts including: Selecting transducers and signal conditioning, Calibration methods, Data buses, Telemetry, Solid state recording and digital video recording / compression, Aircraft wiring , Avionics bus protocols including MilStd-1553, ARINC-429, IEEE 1394, Ethernet and Fiber Channel.
- Flight test instrumentation protocols and standards
- GPS and IRIG time standards
- Real time and post test data processing Flight Test Experience
- Proficient communication skills
Accredited BS+4-8 YRS or MS+2-6 YRS
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.