- 183473 - Electrical Engineer
- CA-Northern California
- 15 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an opportunity in Palmdale, CA
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple programs on technical and schedule issues with respect to aircraft instrumentation.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, installation, and operational support activities for data acquisition. This includes designing instrumentation systems, releasing engineering documents, work instructions, supporting airworthiness documentation, monitoring fabrication activities, and supporting aircraft checkout and flight operations. The applicant will be the engineering liaison for flight test and instrumentation modification activities.
The candidate should be familiar with integrating various sensors into a data acquisition system. The position will be responsible for ensuring recorded data is correct.
This position may require travel and odd, weekend or overtime shift work on an as-necessary basis.
• Experience developing instrumentation systems and sensor integration methods used on multiple aircraft
• Experience developing data acquisition systems for air vehicles
Experience with the following:
- Microsoft Office
- Electronics and electronics troubleshooting techniques and tools, including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and/or other common lab test equipment
• Using various CAD programs such as Catia, Autocad, etc.
• Using general test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
• Understanding of IRIG 106
• Avionics bus protocols including Mil-Std-1553, ARINC-429, IEEE 1394, Ethernet and Fiber Channel
• GPS and IRIG time standards
• Video protocols and compression
The applicant must have excellent organizational and communications skills
• Applicant should have knowledge of Systems Engineering practices and concepts
• Experience with or knowledge of calibration methods for test and evaluation of both mechanical measurements and electronic sensors
• Skilled in the conversion of digital data sets to engineering units and interpretation of data for validity and error determination
• Familiarity with military aircraft technical data, maintenance practices, flight operations, military stores and munitions is a plus
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics or Computer Engineering or related discipline.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.