- 183516 - Scientist
- CA-Bay Area
- South San Francisco
- Up to $32.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist for an opening in South San Francisco, CA.
In this role, you will be part of a high performance, cross-disciplinary team developing new technologies for the next generation of our sequencing platforms working at the interface of chemistry, biology, material science and lab automation.
• Lead daily operations – including setup, operation and troubleshooting of Ion sequencers
• Characterize and perform sequencing to test new candidate hydrogels
• Help develop new analytical tools and assays, as needed
• Analyze data, derive conclusions, document findings, write SOPs and prepare reports for sharing within and between R&D groups
• Maintain a detailed and organized lab notebook
• Interact within Chemistry R&D group as well as with other collaborating groups
• Minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience in an advanced research lab
• Good knowledge of DNA amplification and sequencing technologies is desirable
• Basic proficiency in Python or similar lab automation program
• Proficiency in statistical data analysis. Knowledge in database query (SQL, R, etc) is desirable
• Experience in fluorescence microscopy & other imaging methods
• Moderate to intensive pipetting and long continuous periods in the lab doing experiments
• Fast learner and a self-starter
• Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Not always instruction-based
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
• Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
• Greets challenge and change as opportunity
• Collaborates with others and strong orientation towards team work
Accredited BS or MS in Bioengineering, Chemical engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.