- 183536 - Product Support Manager
- Up to $47.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Product Support Manager for an opening in Ayer, MA.
Directs and coordinates activities of all personnel engaged in proposing, executing and tracking installations and repairs of radomes, reflectors and antenna systems. This position will require direct interface with Customers, Sales, Internal departments and Subcontractors to coordinate activities to meet customer’s requirements. This position will have a strong emphasis and focus on customer satisfaction and sales growth through direct customer relationship building.
The ideally candidate will be a self-start who can work independently, improve the customer services functions, develop strong customer relationships, and has an interest to advance to a Technical Sales position. The successful candidate will have experience managing and coordinating construction projects. The ideal candidate will have experience managing and coordinating projects involving communications with some experience on projects executed at US and allied military bases.
• Responsible for all management aspects, including profit and loss, of the Customer Support Services.
• Works directly with customers and company subcontractors to coordinate and meet customer’s needs associated with the procurement and installation of radomes, reflectors and antenna systems.
• Engineering sales application working with internal engineering staff and customer technical personnel.
• Works with Operations and Sales to create, implement and monitor “Best Practice” principles. Researches and implements appropriate Best Practices from other Client and other companies, as appropriate.
• Works with Finance personnel to monitor and track all work performed by the Customer Support Services group. With Operations, generate reports to show trends in warranty versus non-warranty work and gross margin reporting for each job completed.
• Works with Operations and Sales personnel to market existing customer support services and develop new offerings to current and new customers with the primary goal of consistent annual growth of this business.
• Supervises information gathering from the Visual operating software system and ensures Radome branches have the ability to produce all required reports needed to manage this consolidated group.
• Develops a firm understanding of the company’s markets and core competencies to support increased selling of current offerings to existing customers, generate new service offerings and assist in the sales of these offerings to existing and new customers.
• Reviews current staffing levels and forecasts expected future needs to ensure a sufficient number of properly trained personnel are available within the organization.
• Develops key performance metrics, monitors and reports on them on an ongoing basis.
• Writes procedures and other instructions regarding systems and procedures, trains staff personnel, and monitors and reports metrics to measure compliance.
• Works with Materials department in developing procedures to monitor and eliminate Excess and Obsolete (E&O) inventories ensures the proper handling of B-stock materials.
• Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company and corporate policies and procedures.
• Develops and installs clerical and office procedures and practices, and studies work flow, sequence of operations, and office arrangement to determine expediency of installing new or improved office machines to accomplish goals.
• Directly and indirectly supervises multiple employees, many of whom live and work outside of MA and USA. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving complaints.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
• Previous customer service or similar experience with light to medium construction business.
• Project and Personnel Management.
• Customer Service, military experience and Sales background with Dept. of Defence highly desireable.
• Familiarity with ISO processes.
• Must be computer proficient capable of understanding and learning how to set-up, extract data, modify system generated reports, etc., for MRP operating systems, customer service tracking systems and related business software. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and/or Outlook.
Accredited Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Engineering Technology, Engineering, Production Operations Management, Business Administration, or 10-15 years of related Customer Service/Product Support and Call Center management experience.
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.