- 183544 - Assembler
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opportunity in Clearwater, FL
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on cable assemblies. Ability to work from diagrams and drawings, make initial layouts, and use hand and/or power tools. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test production or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications. Expected to read and comprehend assembly parts lists, assembly drawings and any related reference documentation. Builds in accordance with IPC-620 quality standards. Troubleshooting of process parameters to improve yield.
• One year experience in IPC-620
• Must have good manual dexterity
• Strong mechanical build experience accurately interpreting written work instruction, drawings, sketches, and wiring diagrams.
• Experienced with working in an Electro Static Discharge (ESD) environment
• Experienced with working with hand tools used in the assembly of cables and subassemblies
• Experienced with working with hand tools
• Knowledge of cable termination including familiarity with crimping specifications and use of both automated and hand crimping tools
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good computer skills with ability to work from electronic work instructions
• Use of manual and automatic wire strippers.
Soldering 2-4 years
Accredited High School Diploma/GED or BS+4-8 YRS or MS+2-6 YRS
Full-Time/First Shift - 9/80
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.