- 183574 - Design & Analysis Engineer 4
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seekinga Design & Analysis Engineer 4 for an opening in Tukwila, WA.
In this position you will be responsible for the satellite power subsystem. Starting with developing power budgets and requirements, you will help specify, design, build and test the power subsystem and its interfaces. You will be part of supplier selection process, manage the selected suppliers as hardware is received, test, integrate then test the integrated system. This is an exciting opportunity to work at the leading edge of new space technologies that often starts with a vague idea-blank sheet of paper to flying in space in a short period of time. Position Responsibilities:
• Develop power budgets and specifications for satellite power subsystems
• Analyze and verify performance of hardware components for the power subsystem
• Perform detailed system design and verification activities
• Support system level integration, validation and test
• Support on orbit testing
• Analyze system level performance
• Leads and performs analyses and trades in support of a rapid prototype system
• Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure subsystem compliance and delivery
• This position will report to the Resilient Space Technologies group in Tukwila, WA and partner closely with the Space and Launch division located in El Segundo, California
•9+ years of Engineering experience.
•5+ years of electrical engineering experience
• 3+ Experience in spacecraft power systems
• 5+ years of experience in supplier technical evaluation and performance management.
• Experience in development, build and test of small and medium-sized spacecraft
• Experience in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment
• Prior history working proprietary programs with a variety of Government entities in a classified environment
Accredited Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.