- 183619 - Scientist
- Up to $23.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist for an opening in Eugene, OR.
Perform organic chemistry syntheses in a manufacturing environment. Understand the written production documents and be technically capable of performing processes and procedures to maintain inventory of those products. Possess scientific understanding of team products and their applications, sufficient to complete the work, and suggest potential improvements to manufacturing processes.
• Produce and conduct analysis of reagents, components, and finished products in accordance with the manufacturing plan.
• Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials, WIP, and finished product; use advanced ERP functions.
• Analyze and interpret scientific data. Utilize specialized technical knowledge or skills necessary.
• Maintain communication with representatives from other departments and teams as required, including coordinating with other teams internal and external to operations to share resources; work across various functions as required.
• Actively participate in team activities (conflict resolution, team building, scheduling).
• Recognize manufacturing problems, identify variables, perform appropriate experiments, and recommend necessary corrections to manufacturing processes.
• Keep a clear, complete and accurate account of all manufacturing and product development work through the appropriate use of Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports, work order documents, and other appropriate documentation.
• Critically evaluate, revise, or create process documents; ensure that efficient, reproducible, quality manufacturing processes and documents are developed for new and existing products.
• Ensure adherence to quality standards in process documents. Continually strive to improve product quality through establishment of more effective or efficient manufacturing processes and quality testing. Effectively communicate the importance of total quality to the members of the team.
• Work to achieve department goals and business objectives with respect to quality, on-time completion of work, and safety.
• As part of an investigative team, initiate and implement appropriate experiments to address failure of product or processes to yield expected results.
• Work with team members and planning/purchasing teams to develop and execute a manufacturing schedule consistent with master schedule requirements for team products; coordinate team resources to ensure the most efficient use of time and materials.
• Identify and interpret the scientific basis of each manufacturing process in use by the team.
• Participate in intra-team or inter-departmental problem solving teams as required.
• Work with EH&S to assure guidelines are followed.
• Solid technical writing skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently as required.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing projects and priorities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
• Demonstrated ability to formulate and solve problems.
• Proven ability to lead and provide work direction required.
• Work in a team based environment to manufacture research and commercial products that are scientific in nature for use in the life sciences industry.
Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry and 2-3 years of manufacturing experience.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent disciplines with experience conducting organic synthesis.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.