- 183756 - Intern Simulator Technician
- Up to $17.50 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Intern Simulator Technician for an opening in Arlington, TX.
Assist Simulation Technicians in the performance of a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas in support of Flight Simulators. Gain a broad understanding and comprehensive knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
• Calibrate, install, maintain, and repair of flight simulators and other support equipment
• Implement software changes to configured Training System baseline software
• Conduct and document preventative maintenance checks required for simulator and support equipment
• Troubleshoot, repair, and document malfunctions of simulators and support equipment
• Remove and replace faulty equipment and complete maintenance data collection records
• Assist with installation and check-out of simulator and support equipment modifications
• Ability to read and interpret schematics and electrical diagrams.
• AS degree or successful completion of one of the US military electronics schools or commercial electronics technician program.
• Knowledge and experience working in a LINUX, UNIX based computer system environment
• Security +, A+, and Network + certificates are a plus
Accredited AS degree or successful completion of one of the US military electronics schools or commercial electronics technician program.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.