- 183766 - Wire Design & Installation Engineer 5
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 5 Wire Design & Installation Engineer 5's for openings inTukwila, WA.
Wire Harness Installation Design is a unique opportunity to use both electrical and mechanical skills. This position also allows the possibility to see your released engineering be installed while supporting the build during shipside support. Job duties during the design phase include analyzing functional schematics and wire diagrams to understand system design. Developing and maintaining cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs. Performing design reviews to validate spatial integration and requirements verification. Developing and maintaining electrical product details, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry). During the build phase, provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests). Works under general direction. Position Responsibilities:
• Develops, maintains and releases electrical/mechanical drawings, systems designs or engineering documentation and data by applying company, industry and governmental standards.
• Using design tools prepares documentation and incorporates design changes.
• Creates, develops and maintains systems designs by preparing design layouts, modifying existing designs and assisting in identifying design discrepancies.
• Supports engineering system design and functionality validation activities.
• Develops and maintains product installation designs and part designs ranging from simple to moderately complex.
• Coordinates activities and products with internal partners and external suppliers.
• Works under general direction.
• 14 or more years of designing or supporting electrical wire harness Installations
• Client Defense Experience preferred but not required
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in Electrical or Mechanical engineering, computer science (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.