- 183776 - Aircraft Painter B
- SC-South Carolina
- North Charleston
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 20 Aircraft Painter B's for openings in North Charleston, SC.
Performs painting of aircraft sections per customer''s design and unique livery requirements. Verifies aircraft is ready for exterior finish. Makes necessary patterns, performs layout and applies prescribed primers, paints and finishes to exterior of aircraft. Prepares exterior surface of aircraft for painting.
- Suitable candidates for these aircraft painter positions will have THREE years of direct Aerospace paint experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have greater than FIVE years of Aerospace painting experience.
- CANDIDATES WITHOUT AEROSPACE PAINTING EXPERIENCE will NOT be considered.
Adhesive Materials/Processes - Knowledge of adhesive materials (such as epoxy, urethane, polyimide, reinforcements, etc) and processes.
Color Match - Knowledge of color space, color analysis, paint formulation, and paint application techniques to evaluate, match, and develop decorative finishes.
Engineering Drawings & Specs - Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
General Shop Processes - Complete knowledge of shop processes to include Foreign Object Damage/Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
Materials & Processing - Knowledge of material processing for metals (e.g., welding forging, heat treat, machining, forming), polymers and composites (e.g., autoclave curing, lay-up, co-curing, repair), sealants and finishes processing (e.g., plating, painting, surface preparation, fay surface sealing, fillet sealing), and ceramic (e.g., high temperature processing, machining) and electronic materials (e.g., soldering, printed circuit board cleaning, conformal coating).
Organic Chemical Processing - Knowledge of organic chemical processes (such as top-coating, priming, surface cleaning).
Polymers & Composite Materials - Knowledge of polymers and composite materials (such as carbon, fiberglass, aramid, adhesives, thermoset/thermoplastic resins).
• Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
• Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
• Occasional contact with metals
• Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
• Frequent exposure to noise
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
FULL TIME/2ND SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Candidates must be able to support all shifts per business needs. Shifts will be assigned during assignment to meet business needs.
Candidates will be required to attend and pass a training classes. Failure of training may be cause for assignment termination. This position requires an individual to work at heights utilizing fall protection equipment. Candidate must be able to obtain Fall Protection Certification. This is also contingency of assignment - Fall Protection Regulations - OSHA 1926, 191066, 1910 Subpart D.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.